Our No-Nonsense Military G-Shock Rolls with the Punches
Shock Culture is delighted to be an authorised dealer of a range of military G-Shock watches. If you are unfamiliar with this particular watch, you may find it interesting that it is the watch of choice for many divisions of armed forces around the globe, thanks to its durability and unique shock-resistant design. G-The Shock’s design is perfect for sportsmen and women who need a durable wristwatch for their outdoor pursuits, as well as members of the armed forces, who demand much from any piece of equipment that they use.
Benefits of the G-Shock Military Series
Aside from being great to look at, the G-Shock military watch packs a powerful punch in terms of more than just functionality and durability.
- The G-Shock army watch is incredibly strong, boasting a tensile strength ten times that of iron. This is no mean feat since it weighs around a quarter of what an equivalent amount of iron would.
- When you invest in this watch, you know that you will be wearing it for many years, thanks to its durable design which can withstand extreme fluctuation in temperature.
- Some models of this watch are equipped with an altimeter and compass, which makes them ideal for you if you enjoy trekking across swathes of rugged terrain with little more than your wits for company. The G-Shock is the ultimate survival companion.
A History of the Casio Military Watch
In 1981, work commenced on developing the G-Shock watch. Kikuo Ibe and three other Casio employees set to work on this ambitious project – they called themselves “Team Tough”.
- They were working to achieve three main things: the watch that they were designing had to be water-resistant to ten bar (100 metres), its battery should last ten years, and it had to withstand a drop of ten metres. After two years of painstaking research and hard work, the first G-Shock was released - the DW-5000C.
- Ibe was inspired by a simple rubber ball that he had noticed bouncing. He carefully designed the watch and carefully put it together to resist shocks in the same way as the rubber ball, where the centre of the ball was not subjected to the same shocks as the exterior.
- Essentially, each G-Shock army watch has a hollow case. A few crucial points within the casing support the unit that houses the timekeeping component with extra cushioning to protect it from impact. The G-Shock is well-protected in terms of G-force, vibrations, or most impacts.
Why You Should Use Shock Culture
Since our start in 2017, we have proudly supplied an excellent range of G-Shock watches to people all over Australia. We also have a selection of products that we don’t display on our website. If you live in Australia, you will not incur any shipping costs – these costs are on us. In the highly unlikely event that you are not 100 percent satisfied with your purchase, we will refund you in full once you have returned the item in its original packaging.
We are sure that there is something for everyone in the vast range of G-Shocks we have on offer - the colour options are incredible. You will often see these watches being worn by celebrities all over the world. The quality of each timepiece is unsurpassed, and while it may lack some of the finesse of more delicate Swiss watches, you know that your G-shock can withstand almost anything you throw at it.
If you’d like to place an order for one of these marvellous watches, or if you have any questions, please do feel free to get in touch with us – we look forward to seeing how we can set you up with one of our timepieces.