Ridiculously Tough, Sharply Stylish, G-Steel Watches for Modern Individuals
Our G-Steel watches offer indestructible elegance, whether you require exactly the right timepiece for a trip on-board the International Space Station, for military-, scuba diving-, mountain climbing-, snowboarding-, or casual wear in Australia or New Zealand.
What You Should Know About G-Steel and G-Shock
The G-Shock watch designer, Kikuo Ibe, and the eight “Team Tough” engineers he brought together started working on an unbreakable watch in 1981.
- After years of work − and numerous prototypes − inspiration hit one day when Ibe spotted a bouncing ball while walking by a playground. He realised that the watch they’d been developing should be enclosed inside a floating module, with just a few contact points connecting the parts. He recognised that this would provide highly efficient shock protection and the application of the most economical materials.
- His discovery resulted in the design and production of a G-Shock Steel watch that passed the team’s demanding Triple 10 test. This test requires that the timepiece must tolerate ten water pressure atmospheres, survive a ten-metre drop intact, and contain a battery that lasts for ten years. The trial turned into the standard for the G-Shock Steel series, which means that every G-Steel watch manufactured can cope with any bump, fall, stumble, or trip you may put it through.
- “Team Tough” continued working on the development of advanced technology that would tie in with the watch’s strength and resilience. The company made its first analogue/digital model available in 1989 and released the ISO certified Frogman watch in the mid-1990s.
- The Casio G-Steel watch is designed for those who are enthusiastic about living a challenging lifestyle. The slim 14.1 millimetres thick GST-B100 series, for instance, offers shock and water resistance up 200 metres and features double-layered bezel, stainless steel, and hybrid resin construction with a polished metallic finish. NANOALLOY® technology provides a combination of impact absorption and protection.
We’re an official G-Shock supplier and will order anything not shown on our site if you let us know what you want. Discounts apply to all military and law enforcement orders.
Related Products We Provide to G-Shock Steel Watches
We have a variety of watches available. Discover our distinctive, high-quality, unisex, ladies’, and men’s options in diverse styles for all occasions and uses.
- The Casio Classic range offers the LQ139L-2B water-resistant analogue ladies’ watch, which is available with cloth and leather bands in different colours, check and flowered patterns, and petite, feminine faces. The MQ1000D-1A2 for men contains authentic, legitimately sourced diamonds on the dial, a stainless steel band, and multi-faceted glass. Both these Classics come with batteries that last three years.
- Runners will appreciate the Casio Baby-G models available in a selection of colours that can be coordinated with running shoes and sportswear. This water and shock resistant version has a stopwatch with memory equal to 60 laps, a large case design for easy reading of lap times, an auto light function, and the battery life is about seven years.
- Additions to the Casio G-Squad GBA800-4D line-up comprise a list of sensational functions. These include a multi-segment digital display for timekeeping, measurement, and other operations that increase readability while participating in sports. It also provides practical data about your day-to-day doings, an auto LED light, as well as a link with the G-Shock connected phone app and support functions to help you plot and log enjoyable and effective workouts.
- Consider the Casio GA1000-4B − the first in the Gravity Defier line − if you’re an aviator. It has digital compass abilities and bearing memory, which allows you to temporarily store and display a direction and use it as a reference when taking successive digital compass readings.
Take a look at our G-Shock Duo Chrono line if you’re interested in clean, colourful, fashionable, world culture icons to accompany your street and casual wear. They present with terrific qualities such as bi-colour moulded bands with accents.
About Shock Culture
We ship all watches Australia-wide, for free. You can generally expect delivery of your competitively priced purchase within six days, and we will provide tracking details by email. We will give you a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact us if you’re unhappy with your merchandise. Our gracious staff will arrange for a replacement, refund, or store credit.