Classic Casio Watch
Elevate Your Level of Cool with a Classic Casio Watch
If you had to turn back the clock to the 1990s, baggy jeans, The Spice Girls in their platform heels, Rhythm and Blues, boy bands and owning a VCR were popular trends. It was during this period that Casio established itself as a global electronics company. They manufactured all types of products including calculators, musical instruments, cameras and watches. Having the privilege to sport one of these timepieces on your wrist made you instantly cool and the envy of others. The classic Casio watch holds the same trend value it did in the 1990s now in the 21st century. Shock Culture stocks and supplies all types of Casio watches. If you want to reminisce about the good old days, we have authentic classic Casio watches and recent releases to suit any style.
Benefits of Retro Casio Watches
One of the most trendy watches that Casio ever produced was the Gravitational-Shock range, otherwise referred to as G-Shock. An engineer at the company, Kikuo Ibe generated the idea after accidentally breaking a pocket watch that his father gifted to him. The initial G-Shock design was meant to have triple-ten resistance meaning it could withstand a ten-metre fall, have a water resistance of ten-bars, and the battery would last ten years. It was initially launched in 1983, and there are several variations available today.
- One of the primary advantages of owning a classic G-shock is the fact that it has a built-in stopwatch. Since the watch was meant for sportsmen and women or coaches, the stopwatch was a convenient inclusion, and there was no need to purchase one separately.
- The exterior of the watch contains three layers of protection which assists in dealing with high impacts or an unexpected fall. Apart from the timepiece being appealing, it’s incredibly durable and won’t suffer damage easily.
- Aside from the G-Shock range, most classic Casio watches have an alarm in its arsenal to assist the user in being punctual. It’s a handy device to wear on your wrist without purchasing an actual alarm clock. Convenience was at the centre of Casio’s designs.
Interesting Facts About Authentic Casio Watches
The idea of using a watch to control the television, play music or track your fitness levels only came to the fore in recent years. However, Casio watches could perform these tasks decades ago, which we would have experienced if we had all lived in Japan. The former home of the company’s co-founder Toshio Kashio is now an exhibition of some of the outrageous watches that have come through the production line at Casio.
- In 1989, the GMW-15 model had a graphic display of the moon phases and sunrise and sunset times. Two years later, Casio equipped the VDB-1000 with a phonebook, organiser, calculator and notepad. One of the most common features in present-day smartphones is the activity tracker which monitors the number of steps you take and records other forms of exercise. Casio’s JC-11 recorded calories, steps and distance in 1991.
- Casio was brave with including other features in their watch range. The BP-400 was another model that focused on fitness to a degree. It monitored both blood pressure and heart rate, although it was discreet to demonstrate that fact. However, the RPS-100W was less concerned about subtlety, displaying its capabilities on the band of the watch.
- From 1993, the company experimented with various elements that they intertwined with the basic features of a watch. The CPW-100 had a compass at the top of the face to assist those with a love for hiking on adventure trails. A year later, Casio launched the VivCel VCL- 100 which included an antenna that detected when your phone rang. As a result, it would vibrate on your wrist to alert you.
Casio produced watches that could control televisions and VCRs, had a built-in GPS, a voice recorder, an mp3-player and digital cameras to mention a few.
Tips for Buying a Classic Casio Watch Online
Whether you’re buying a retro Casio watch to reminisce or you want to own something that was trendy in the year you were born, you must educate yourself on the various styles and models. Following these tips will assist you in acquiring a classic timepiece that you can wear proudly.
- The first step to buying a retro Casio is deciding on your budget. Shock Culture offers exceedingly competitive pricing, and we feel sure that you’ll find what you love in our collection.
- Investing in a watch isn’t a frequent occurrence. Usually, a wristwatch lasts you several years before you consider buying another. As such, research the current styles to identify what your preferred type of watch is, and compare them to the designs of classic timepieces. You shouldn’t settle on the first watch you see and instead investigate a range of those that have the features and styles you love.
- When you’re shopping online for a Casio watch, take time to read the list of features and specifications. As a result, you’ll have a better idea of what you’re acquiring. Furthermore, read the reviews on the watch you prefer to determine if it’s the ideal timepiece for you.
What to Expect from Shock Culture Regarding Authentic Casio Watches Online
We are an official supplier of Casio G-Shock watches across Australia and New Zealand. As such, you can be confident that your purchase is authentic and durable. Our massive online catalogue boasts a wide range of watches from casual to military. If there is a model that is not available in our online store, we’ll access it at your request. We provide a detailed description of every watch, which takes the guesswork out of buying your favourite timepiece.
Shopping for a watch has never been as easy as clicking your mouse. Simply add the item to your cart and use one of the multiple methods of payment, including AfterPay™, to finalise the process. We dispatch your package within one to three days of the purchase and allow up to three more days for delivery. We ship every order Australia-wide, free of charge. Furthermore, as an authorised stockist of Casio watches, every item we supply has a warranty to cover any breakage of the mechanism.
Relive your cool days with a retro Casio watch. View the options we have in store or contact us if you require a specific model. We often discount our pieces, and you can sign up for our newsletter so you’ll never miss out and you’re always on time.